If today people buy even the most basic articles on the Internet, they will hardly go to take their obsolete products to the collection centers and/or NGO’s. And also there is a general sense of fatigue with a recollection garbage industry that has become inefficient, corrupt and zero innovative to solve the problem of obsolete products.
Because municipalities generally are in charge of waste collection, it is in their economic and environmental self-interest to take action to reduce the waste streams entering landfills-and thus to limit the share of their own budgets absorbed by waste-management operations. Cities need to be conscious of the Sustainability “hierarchy” of options – ranging from conventional waste collection and disposal, to waste to energy plants (which reduce the burden on landfills but generate their own problems, such as emitting dioxin when they burn chlorinated plastic), to intervene from the origin of the obsolete products, encouraging policies that transit from waste management to waste avoidance, starting with an adequate separation by individuals consumers, and second with the direct shipment to the recycler and/or NGO’s for their respective reincorporation to new productive chains (recycling/composting/reuse/refurbishing).
Circular Take Back is a disruptive innovation
Using technology (digital platforms) to transit from waste management to waste avoidance, with an easy to use app for recollecting obsolete Products (Electronics, books, clothes, toys, etc.) that clog in our houses and companies starting with an adequate separation by individuals consumers, and second with the direct shipment to the recycler and/or NGO’s for their respective reincorporation to new productive chains (recycling/composting/reusing/refurbishing).
I am convinced that the ideas embodied in the Circular and Collaborative economy are the only way we are going to meet the speed, scale and local adaptation requirements to address climate change to prevent and ensure that future generations enjoy healthy resources and conditions to enjoy a full life. People are willing to pay for send their obsolete products. For the following reasons:
- Being part of something with social and environmental meaning. More than 90% of obsolete products have the opportunity to be recycled, repaired and reused by less favored people.
- Saving time and money (cost of the gasolin) to take them to the collection point.
- Reduced service hours in collection centers.
- Dangerous location of collection centers.
- The time lost by traffic to reach the collection centers.
- The bad treatment on the part of the people who attend the collection center.
- The small variety of obsolete products that they accept in the collection centers.
- Reduces environmental pollution and damages to health, ensuring that products reach authorized companies for its management, reuse and recycling.
- Contributes to manufacturers achieving their annual collection and recycling targets, complying with Producer’s Extended Responsibility legislation(REP).
- It has a historical record of the products sent, as well as the impact of the ecological footprint that has been reduced thanks to the correct processing of the same ones.